Registration for Community Day is now open!
To register your CAVA student for Community Day, please email the site coordinator at the location you are interested in attending or email Leah Fellows at email@example.com.
At CAVA, we put extra effort into creating social and academic opportunities outside of the home so students and their families can make friends and stay connected. In addition to ongoing in-person and online events, we offer the Community Day program for CAVA families, as well as parents who are new to the school, to enjoy the best of two learning environments—a traditional brick-and-mortar setting and online learning—with the support of an entire community of students and their families, CAVA teachers and staff.
What is Community Day?
Community Day is a program offered during the school year that combines the unique elements of online and offline learning with social activities. CAVA teachers, parents, and students meet weekly in a friendly, enriching interactive learning environment for:
Instruction—Students study math and English/language arts from the award-winning K¹² curriculum, with customized learning plans tailored to their needs. They have the flexibility to accelerate through the curriculum, or take the extra time they might need to grasp more difficult concepts.
Face-to-face interaction—Families meet in person with CAVA teachers and staff. Students are engaged with their peers, and invited to participate in academic and social enrichment opportunities—sports, school clubs, workshops, and more.
Other student features include:
- Academic enrichment—writer's workshops, science labs, science fairs, history projects, spelling bees, book clubs, art shows, and more
- Socialization enrichment—drama classes, physical education, band, community service projects, yearbook, spirit days, career days, and more
- Collaborative, hands-on learning
- Teacher assessments that provide targeted, standards-based instruction
- Response to Intervention (RTI) strategies
Parents can expect:
- Volunteer opportunities in the classroom
- Useful workshops, plus monthly parent-training and education courses focused on the K¹² curriculum, teaching strategies, and support
- Socialization opportunities, including CAVA Close-Ups that offer free refreshments, discussion groups, and networking with other parents and CAVA staff
- Parent groups: Booster Club, book clubs, and more
- A chance for your student to complete a lesson so you can check it off in the OLS*
- On-site child care for CAVA siblings ages two to five
See our CAVA Community Day Locations for the 2014–2015 school year.
Don't see a location near you? Don't worry—we're expanding the Community Day program to reach more families across the state! Stay tuned to our website for these updates.
There is no discrimination in the admission of students to the Community Day program on the basis of race, creed, color, handicapping condition or gender. CAVA provides a free, appropriate public education to all of its students. All students, however, need to meet the enrollment requirements.
E-mail Director of Community Day Leah Fellows
*Students' syllabi will be provided at the beginning of the school year so parents can coordinate daily schedules with K¹² lessons completed at Community Day.