Who We Are
Our School at a Glance
Our network of nine California Virtual Academies uses the K12 online curriculum to offer California students in grades K–12 an engaging learning experience. With personalized learning approaches, the academies and K12 provide the tools kids need to succeed—in school and beyond.
Here’s why California families have chosen the network of nine California Virtual Academies for their kids:
Our experienced, California-credentialed teachers, who are available online, by phone, and during face-to-face meetings.
- Our experienced, California-credentialed teachers, who are available online, by phone, and during face-to-face meetings.
- The rigorous, engaging K12 curriculum, that covers both the core subject areas and electives. This curriculum packages high-quality lessons that help students achieve success at each and every level.
- The online planning and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials ranging from textbooks to microscopes, rocks and dirt to beautifully illustrated classic children's stories, and much more.
- Our active, supportive school community, which organizes fun and informative monthly activities where California Virtual Academies' parents, students, and staff share their successes, helpful hints, and more.
- The rigorous, tuition-free online public education that enables a learning experience that is individualized for each child.
- The network of the nine California Virtual Academies is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools (ACS) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) for all academies, grades K–12, with the exception of our newest programs which are in the accreditation process.
The mission of the network of the nine California Virtual Academies is to provide California students with an excellent education, grounded in high academic standards, which will help them achieve their full academic and social potential.
The core philosophy of the California Virtual Academies is that all young people can achieve academic excellence if they are provided rigorous instruction, high standards, informed guidance, and individual attention. Although we use the computer as a learning tool, we believe that education is primarily a human endeavor that relies on caring individuals, involved parents and committed teachers.
The network of the nine California Virtual Academies will serve as an example of how a school's parents, students, and teachers can reach their goals of achieving an excellent education through the effective use of technology. In conception, design, and delivery, the schools will be a model of innovation and excellence.