Business and Finance
Which pathways are offered?
- Business Management—This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
- Finance—This pathway prepares students to manage policy and strategy and implement them for an organization's capital structure, budgeting, acquisition and investment, financial modeling and planning, funding, dividends, and taxation.
- International Business—This pathway prepares students to plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising, promotion, and public relations activities.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Services Manager
- Art/Graphics Director
- Benefits Specialist
- Bill and Account Collector
- Business Consultant
- Customer Service Representative
- Financial Analyst
- Human Resources Manager
- Media Buyer/Planner
- Office Manager
- Promotions Manager
- Public Relations Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Administrative Services Manager—$96,940/year
- Benefits Specialist—$64,560/year
- Bill and Account Collector—$37,000/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.
Which industry-recognized certification exams can my student prepare for?**
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) General Management Exam
- The NOCTI Advertising and Design Job Ready Assessments
- The NOCTI Financial and Managerial Accounting Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Entrepreneurship/Management Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Finance Exam
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts Exam
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
**Many Microsoft® Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who attend Destinations for at least two years will have further exposure to career readiness education courses to be prepared for certification testing.