Information and Communication Technologies
Which pathways are offered?
- Games and Simulations—This pathway prepares students to build a solid foundation in game design, hardware, graphics, and animation to gain practical experience for their careers.
- Information Support Services—This pathway prepares students to provide technical assistance, manage information and communication systems, implement computer services and software, and more.
- Networking—This pathway prepares students to design, install, maintain, and manage network systems which make up critical technology infrastructure across industries.
- Systems Programming—This pathway prepares students to design, develop, implement, and maintain computer systems and software, requiring knowledge of computer operating systems, programming and markup languages (JAVA, Python, C++), and software development.
- Web and Social Media—This pathway prepares students to create, design, and produce interactive multimedia products and services.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Support Specialist
- Information Systems Analyst
- Multimedia Artist and Animator
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator
- Network Support Manager
- Network Technician
- Software Developer
- Software Systems Specialist
- Web Designer
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Computer Programmer—$84,280/year
- Computer Support Specialist —$53,470/year
- Information Systems Analyst—$88,740/year
- Multimedia Artist and Animator—$72,520
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator—$96,180/year
- Web Designer—$69,430/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Wednesday, September 4, 2019.
Which industry-recognized certification exams can my student prepare for?**
- ACT National Career Readiness
- Adobe Animate
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe InDesign
- Certiport C++
- Certiport CSS3
- Certiport Unity
- Certiport HTML5
- Certiport JAVA
- Certiport Python
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOTCI) Computer Networking Fundamentals
**Many Microsoft® Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who attend Destinations for at least two years will have further exposure to career readiness education courses to be prepared for certification testing.