Marketing, Sales, and Services
Which pathways are offered?
- Entrepreneurship/Self-Employment—This pathway prepares students to formulate policies and direct the operations of a business, corporation, nonprofit, or other organization. In small firms, this may involve assuming advertising, promotions, marketing, sales, and public relations responsibilities.
Marketing—This pathway prepares students to plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising, promotion, and public relations activities.
Marketing: Multimedia Marketing & Business—New for Spring 2021! This pathway prepares students for success in today’s hyper-connected digital workplace while learning how to plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising, promotion, and public relations activities within multimedia broadcasting, news production, and journalism. Read more information here.
- Professional Sales—This pathway prepares students to work in today's hyper-connected digital workplace while learning skills to convince businesses or individual consumers to purchase goods and services.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?**
Some of the jobs include:
- Advertising Sales Agent
- Advertising, Marketing or Promotions Manager
- Business Operations Specialist
- Customer Service Representative
- Insurance Sales Agent
- Public Relations Specialist
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Public Relations Specialist—$61,150/year
- Advertising Sales Agent—$53,310/year
- Insurance Sales Agent—$50,940/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) General Management Exam
- The NOCTI Advertising and Design Job Ready Assessments
- The NOCTI Financial and Managerial Accounting Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Entrepreneurship/Management Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Finance Exam
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts Exam
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
**Many Microsoft® Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.