How It Works (High School)
Exceptional Courses and Support Team
The K12 online high school program provides the students in each of the 10 independent California Virtual Academies with a high school experience like no other. With more than 90 online courses from which to choose, and different versions of core subjects including Honors and AP®, students can enjoy a high school educational experience tailored to their goals and abilities.
The high school students in each of the 10 independent California Virtual Academies receive many benefits through the K12 high school program, including:
- Curriculum from K12, the leading online K–12 curriculum provider for the K–12 community and a CITA-accredited company
- Multiple curriculum options to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Diverse high school catalog with more than 90 courses, including up to four levels of courses in math, English/language arts, science, and history
- Individualized Learning Plan for each student charts a course for success during and after high school
- A personalized program that features more opportunities for direct instruction for southern California students who are behind the credit requirement for their age-appropriate grade level,
- Teachers, advisers, counselors, coordinators, and other educational personnel offering personalized, extensive support to students and families
- Extracurricular clubs and activities
- In-person teacher-led and school-sponsored events where they can network with their peers
Who is this intended for?
Students in grades 9–12 who reside within the state of California are eligible to attend one of the 10 independent California Virtual Academies for high school.
What are the tuition costs?
Because we are part of the public school system, families do not pay tuition for a student to attend one of the 10 independent California Virtual Academies. California Virtual Academies will loan a computer to an enrolling family, upon request. However, common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided.