Career And College Prep
Information & Communication Technologies
The Future Is Now
Information and communication technology skills are in demand—and no longer confined to a single industry. Are you ready to explore all the places these skills can take you?
Which pathways are offered?
Games & Simulations—This pathway prepares students to build a solid foundation in game design, hardware, graphics, and animation to gain practical experience for their careers.
Information Support & Services—This pathway prepares students to provide technical assistance, manage information and communication systems, implement computer services and software, and more.
Networking—This pathway prepares students to design, install, maintain, and manage network systems that make up critical technology infrastructure across industries.
Software & Systems Development—This pathway prepares students for careers in computer science that involve the design, development, implementation, maintenance, and management of systems that rely on software programs to satisfy the operational needs of modern business organizations.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Examples of jobs include:
- Computer programmer
- Computer support specialist
- Information systems analyst
- Multimedia artist and animator
- Network and computer systems administrator
- Network support manager
- Network technician
- Software developer
- Software systems specialist
- Web designer
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which potential pathway certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- ACT National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC)
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Animate
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe XD
- Certiport Unity
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA A+ Computer Management
- CompTIA Security+
- Information Technology Specialist: Cybersecurity
- Information Technology Specialist: Networking
- Information Technology Specialist: Python
- National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Computer Networking Fundamentals